Treatment options for multiple missing teeth with Dr. Ghannam and Dr. Annoni includes:
Multiple Implants (Implant-Supported Bridges)
- Partial dentures
- Conventional fixed bridges
- Implant-supported bridges
Among these options, implant-supported bridge is the latest and superior technique. People have relied a lot on partial dentures and fixed bridges to restore their smile and chewing ability. However, a higher success rate and numerous other benefits associated with implant-supported bridges have made conventional dentures and bridges almost outmoded. Learn more about implant-supported bridge with us at Artisan Dental Burke, VA and Chevy Chase, MD.
Overall, the procedure is quite similar to that for a single implant. The main difference is that several crowns are placed to replace multiple missing teeth.
The benefits of implant-supported bridges are:
- Preservation of jawbone and facial dimensions
- Preservation of healthy adjacent teeth (no need to grind neighboring teeth for support)
- Much more comfortable to wear because they do not cause any irritation or soreness of gums
- Easy to maintain and clean
- No diet restrictions because chewing with implant-supported bridges is much like chewing with natural teeth
- Much more secure and stable as compared to partial dentures or fixed bridges